We—the Akka committers—are pleased to be able to announce the availability of Akka 2.2-M2 (PRE-RELEASE MILESTONE TWO).
It is a preview on what is going to become Akka 2.2, so please give us feedback!
The most notable features in this release are:
- Built and tested against Scala 2.10.1.
- Comes with true Javadoc generated by the GenJavaDoc plugin.
- Upgrade Netty to 3.6.1 and clean up shutdown of threads that have been borrowed by Netty.
- Actor failures are logged by the supervisor, which makes it possible to customize the the logging in the supervisor strategy.
- Reduced log output of the new remoting.
- Cluster node roles. Cluster singleton for group of nodes tagged with a role. Cluster aware routers restricted by role. Cluster startup once all required per-role node counts are reached.
- Cluster member events are published when state change first seen and events for non-leader transitions have been removed.
- Optimizations of the cluster gossip protocol.
When migrating an existing project from Akka 2.1.1 please have a look at our migration guide: http://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/2.2-M2/project/migration-guide-2.1.x-2.2.x.html
Akka 2.2-M2 compared to 2.2-M1:
- 54 tickets closed, see the assembla milestone
- 251 files changed, 5168 insertions(+), 3098 deletions(-)
- 489 pages of docs vs 477 in v2.2-M1
- … and a total of 9 committers!
Akka is released under the Apache V2 license.
commits added removed 19 2119 1348 Patrik Nordwall 10 528 371 Björn Antonsson 6 67 41 Viktor Klang 5 289 296 Roland 4 106 81 Endre Sándor Varga 2 527 128 Rich Dougherty 2 95 53 Kevin Wright 1 21 7 Johannes Rudolph 1 31 19 Mathias
Take it for a spin! Happy hAkking!